Links to useful documents
- Cherry, Reepham & Fiskerton help group
- Issue 1 – Voluntary & Community Sector – Coronavirus Bulletin 20.03.2020
- Issue 2 – Voluntary & Community Sector – Coronavirus Bulletin 27.03.2020
- Lincolnshire County Council 1 Apr
- Comprehensice fire & security – Support for OUR Community
- Lincolnshire Resilience Forum 3 Apr
Neighbourly Help –based on a news letter from Cllr Marianne Overton, LCC & LGA,…..
gov.uk/coronavirus – latest information on the situation in the UK and our response.
nhs.uk/coronavirus – For information about the illness and symptoms.
No-one is immune. The aim is to stop the virus spreading from person to person and you may be a carrier. All ages outside the household need to keep 2m away, wash hands for at least 20 seconds frequently and keep hands clear of the face. Added this week is to stay at home, unless on essential work, getting provisions or helping others. There are 179,000 over 70’s and vulnerable people in Lincolnshire who have been advised to self-isolate for 12 weeks. It seems the virus survives in the air for up to three hours, hence keeping our distance and on hard surfaces for up to 3 days, 72 hours, hence disinfectant and/or clean gloves are needed.
Lincolnshire County Council Coronavirus helpline is 01522 782189 and web https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/coronavirus where you can volunteer County-wide or ask for help. The NHS has had over half a million volunteers nationally.
Emergency, Health and essential Council services are continuing, with office staff working from home. Meetings are suspended except for essential decisions made remotely and casework and social media have grown exponentially. Places where people gather have had to close, including heritage, tourist and activity sites, wildlife parks and woodlands, waste bring sites, shops (unless selling food or medicines), schools except to the children of key workers.
For those whose exams have been cancelled, they will get a chance to improve their estimated grade later in the year.
Locally, we have a “Cherry Willingham, Reepham and Fiskerton” help group tel: 03337 726 021 or email CC@assistlincs.org.uk who may be able to help with
- Providing regular friendly phone call
- Pick up pre-paid shopping
- Pick up pre-paid prescriptions
- Set up transport for non COVID-19 related doctors appointments
- Refer specific cases to the food bank